Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Update

Look how cute Alex is in his new blog. Alex is a missionary all the way. I love how mindful he is of the gospel all of the time. It's pretty obvious why I love him :)


Before I get started, here's a really great zucchini bread recipe I used the other day. Yum.


Zucchini Bread











  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup grated unpeeled zucchini ( I just chopped some up and put it in the blender)
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips ( if you want. By why wouldn't you want?)

  • In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour,  salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips.

  • Spoon into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes.

Enjoy!


Things have been getting busy around here. I'll start from recently, and make my way backwards :)


Last night was opening night for Tuesday's with Morrie. Matt from DC is in it and is FANTASTIC. I've been assigned to work as a Stage Hang/Assistant Stage Manager for the show, so I've been going to rehearsals for a while now. Opening night went well, and now I have shows for the next little while. See ya in a month, honey :(.




My dad came is for a short visit this past weekend, to help move my grandparents move back to SLC. He flew in Friday night. We saw him Saturday for lunch - the morning was filled with Alpine Days festivities. Of course, I left my camera, but Alex and Tim ran in the 5k, and then we went to the Fireman's breakfast as per tradition. I'll get pics from Jodie later. I saw Julie B. Beck and got totally star struck. (Alex's) Mom offered to introduce me, but I was too nervous! I just love her! :)


Anywho, my dad came into town to help my grandparents move back to SLC. They are back where the used to live -- in the prophet's ward right by Temple Square! Alex was such a trooper and helped lift heavy things, while I put things away. Cousin Cody was with the men, too, and it was so fun to see him. When we weren't moving boxes and hanging up artwork, we got to spend some time with Dad. He even stayed with us one night, which was so fun. :) I am so grateful for the Dad that I have. He is such an amazing man, and I love getting to see him when he visits! We also visited Trissy and Sam, two of my favorite people. It was a great weekend! I only took one picture while Dad was here. He left all too soon, catching a flight back Sunday so he could be at work on Monday. Seriously, what an amazing man!


When Dad was here, we walked around temple square, went to 
Music and the Spoken Wordand explored around 
downtown for a while. It was so fun!
Brigham Young's grave in downtown SLC.


Speaking of Trissy and Sam, here's an old video on my camera of Neve/Nora playing ring around the rosy. Too cute!


I've been gearing up for my new job! We had teacher training all last week. I will still be working as a secretary on campus, and taking a full load of classes, and doing Divine Comedy one more semester. It will be so fun, and so exhausting. :) But, I feel very blessed to be able to do everything.


 TOMORROW if meet the teacher day! I must say, I'm a little nervous! I'll let you know how it goes. I'm so excited to meet these little one that I'll be able to teach. I'll have 12 3 year olds. Keep me in your prayers! ;)


Alex starts school next week too, and he's already getting into the zone. Because I've had rehearsals/performances so often lately, he's been going to the library and reading his textbooks he'll be using this Fall. What a guy. :) He really is the best.


Two weekend ago was the DC Alumni Show. Man, was that fun! TONS of my dearest friends from my first year in DC came back, and we did a bunch of my favorites. As always, it was crazy preparing for it. Some cast members didn't get there until about 12 on Saturday, and we had two shows at 7 and 9. We totally sold out -- we had to turn people away! Whit did an amazing, amazing job of putting the whole thing together. Since it sold out, it got HOT in that auditorium. August show + 400 people per show + us dancing around in hot costumes = gross. It really was such a fun show, though. We got to spend some quality time with everyone the next day on Sunday, and that was wonderful.








Marriott School Musical. I bet it's really hard to tell who is what character. ;) 

High School Musical finale dance! :)

 I think we cracked everytime. Someday, Brian, someday...



...and then the camera died. So we didn't get any Latter-day Miserable pictures. I'll get the group picture from Jodie soon, too! :)




And of course, I've still been working at the good ol' Math Department. We're gearing up for Fall to start, so it's been really busy. I've been writing this blog post here and there for a while whenever I've had some free time at work. 


Alex is still working at the Dental Lab and still loves it. We're both excited for school to start, but sad to see the summer end. It's been such a fun, relaxed summer just enjoying each other. Highlights for me have been evening bike rides followed by popsicles. And, of course, NC. Only two more years until the next one...


Now you're updated! Hope all is well -- and good luck with the start of school, everyone!


Love you all,


Natalex

1 comment:

  1. Nat, nat, nat. I'll be praying for you and your job tomorrow! I'm glad to hear how wonderful everything's going in your life and Alex has a blog too! You both are just the most wonderful people. Also, hooray for the alumni show! I'm so excited to do it again. And by do, I mean perform in, not run it. (: And I'm going to use this zucchini recipe!

    Miss you guy! I'll see you in a week. (:

    ReplyDelete