Hello!
Well, we've made it to the school year! Things have been BUSY but great. We are currently staying up in Alpine, saving up money, driving down to Provo almost daily, and counting down the days until closing day. That's right, we have happy news -- we are getting a condo of our very own to live in! We are excited and nervous and anxious and a million other emotions, but we think it will be worth it. Oh, and we're trying not to get too excited in case it doesn't work out. I have to keep reminding myself of that. :)
I had the awesome blessing of being able to go the Conference Center to see the Relief Society General Meeting. Holy moly. It was so inspiring. I feel like my whole life is a list of "I'll be happy when..." (exhibit A: the paragraph above). I'll be happy when we have a baby, I'll be happy when Alex is done with school, I'll be happy when I eat dinner, and the list goes on and on.
I'm glad that I have things to look forward to that make me excited, but I need to find joy in the journey. I need to find joy right now. Thank you, Elder Uchtdorf, for helping me remember that. :)
Have a wonderful conference weekend full of inspiration, good food, and pretty fall trees! :)
Hope you are all doing well!
xoxo
Nat
congrats! I hope everything works out with the closing!!!
ReplyDeleteyou and I need to hang out more; we feel/think similarly I think. I am constantly reminding myself that I'm happy now even though I don't have a baby, Carter isn't done with school, and we're not buying a house anytime soon. :) Good luck with closing - that's exciting!
ReplyDelete