Thursday, November 17, 2011
drum roll please...
hello my four readers!
Yesterday we had our gender ultrasound. I LOVE ultrasounds. I haven't felt any movement yet, so I still think it's amazing that a little baby is wiggling in there. We are double spoiled because we got to find out early--at 16 weeks in stead of 20. Score.
It is an absolute miracle. I am so, so grateful that a child is coming to us. Fertility is such a precious thing. For a bit there we weren't so sure it would all work out, but it works out in the Lord's timing and not ours :)
SO! To announce the big news, we had a UT family get together last night. (I called MN family about 5 seconds after we got to the car after the appointment) :). It was really, really fun and of course I took zero pictures. We had family and a few friends over and showed them the DVD of the ultrasound. When they first came, they voted for girl or boy by pouring pink or blue punch in their cups. We made cupcakes filled with the right color frosting -- and then showed them the ultrasound. Then we talked about funny names for the next hour. :) This baby gets a fun family.
And now, to announce it to YOU -- we are having a little....
BOY! :)
We are so, so excited!! Either gender would have been great for us, and we are so happy it's a boy. I have been drooling over overalls, bow ties, sweater vests, and track suits ever since we found out. He gave us a very clear picture, so we're 100% sure he's a boy!
We are so excited for this stage of our lives. We are so blessed! I will (hopefully) post soon to update you on the other latest stuff with us. But this is by far the best. :)
xoxo
Nat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



YAYAYAYAYA! That is beyond exciting news. I was thinking you were having twins with all those two pairs of shoes but ahhh a boy! You are so adorable with how you chose to announce it. I am looking forward to reading your Mormon Mommy blog entries. :)
ReplyDeleteSO SO SO Happy for you guys! I'm glad my little guy will have have another boy playmate in the ward.
ReplyDeleteSO happy for you Natalie and Alex! How exciting :)
ReplyDeleteyay yay yay! so exciting! he is going to be such a cutie! so happy for you guys :)
ReplyDeleteLittle boys are so much fun. I'm so happy for you guys.
ReplyDeleteso excited for you.. and very cute idea to tell the family!! next baby I am totally going to use that idea.
ReplyDeleteSo I don't know how it took me this long to figure out that you had a blog but yeah... I am so so so so so excited for you guys!!! First of all you guys will be the most wonderful parents ever!!! Secondly boys are so so so much fun!!! I love having our little boy and playing little games with him and dressing him in all his cute little boy clothes!!! Don't let anyone trick you- little boy clothes are at least as much fun as little girl clothes!!!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!! Oh I am THRILLED for you!!! Boys are so much fun. Hard to beat a sweet little boy in overalls. Melts my heart every time, but I may be a bit biased. :-) Looks like I'll be making some blue things for your baby!
ReplyDeleteLook! There are at least 9 of us readers! I'm so excited for little Abraham/Claus/Oliver. I can hardly wait to "shower" you and hold him! Love ya!
ReplyDelete