Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hey everybody!

Hey everybody!
Welcome to our blog. Alex and I (Natalie) are engaged! To be married! So, in true BYU fashion, we decided to start a blog.
Today was my first day of being an EFY counselor. For those of you who don’t know, EFY stands for Especially for Youth. It’s like a big LDS summer camp. It goes Monday through Saturday morning, filled with dances, Big Booty, bad cafeteria food, awkward flirting, and awesome church classes throughout the day. This is my first experience with EFY, I never went in my 14-18 year old days. I’ve been a counselor all summer for BYU Sports and Dance Camps, so I decided to do an EFY session to spice things up. It’s definitely been a learning experience already. EFY this session I’m working is having all of its major meetings in a tent! We are dwelling in a tent! How awesome is that! So, today in my khaki pants and obnoxiously green polo, I walked all over campus, dwelt in a tent, and taught an awesome group of 10 15 years old devotionals throughout the day. I love that EFY is more spiritual, and that I’ll hopefully be able to help the youth come unto Christ.

Last night I was really nervous, but today went well. I’m just taking it one hour at a time. It’s been nice to not think about wedding/Divine Comedy stuff, as much as I love both of those things, and just focus on “What scripture could I use to answer that question?” etc. EFY is crazy busy, each activity is blocked out in ten minute parts. It’s very, very structured, and I tend to do better with a little more freedom, but I’m excited to get better at more structure.
Thanks for visiting our blog, sorry we don’t know what we’re doing. We’re not really bloggers, so be patient with us. Love you guys!
-Natalie

1 comment:

  1. So far I love the blog! I'm jealous of the whole EFY thing. I never went to EFY either. Left a big hole in my life. Anyway, you 2 are wonderful, and I look forward to reading more about your glorious lives here on your tog.

    ReplyDelete