Thursday, February 17, 2011

Classroom funnies

Today one of my students did the cutest thing I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of cute things that kids do. We were waiting in the hall way to go to the gym at the end of the day. My newest student is a small little boy who has a lot of food allergies. He brings his own snack from home. Every time it's snack time and I give the other kids their treat, he always asks in his cute squeaky voice "Does that have sthoy in it?" (with a lisp :) ). Anyways, like I said, we were waiting in line, and he says to me:


"Mrs. Madsen, watch this(th)!"


He then winks at me.
With the open mouth smooth-smile and everything.
And then goes back to his usually cute little smile.


"My dad taught me that," he says.


I couldn't help but laugh. So. dang. cute. Maybe you just had to be there, but it was the cutest thing ever.


Other funny quotes from my students lately:


"Jesus is coming to my birthday party." (states in a very matter-of-fact way)


"My Dad's name is Brian, and my Mom's name is...Elmo." (Her name is NOT Elmo)


"This graham cracker bear is REALLY tiny for a bear".


"Mrs. Madsen, are you my mom?"


Good times teaching 4 year olds. Great times. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh. I love kids. I just got put back in the nursery, and I can't be more excited about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay. So I definitely lol-ed reading these. I think my favorite was the Elmo one. Awesomeness. They're so darn lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I subbed for the CTR 4's once. The best comment ever came after I complimented a girl on her adorable drawing: "Teacher, cute is nice, but it's not important."

    Happy to find your blog. Loved you in Divine Comedy.

    ReplyDelete