Friday, May 6, 2011

I'm still alive

Hey friends!

I survived April. And this was the result:

And I got to celebrate with these lovely people:



Then I went to New York, which was heaven. That deserves it's own picturey-post soon.

I have had such mixed feelings with moving on with life after getting a Bachelor's degree. Change is always scary, but always ends up being for the better, doesn't it? I am so, so, so grateful to have gotten the chance to finish school. I think most women who get married at the age of 20 don't get that luxury. I did, thanks to so many people. Especially my sweet parents. Anyone who knows my parents know that they are probably the coolest people on the planet. Truly. Alex and I both agree that our life goal is to be exactly like my parents (or as close as we can get to it). They have helped me so much along the way. I will be thanking them for all of eternity for all they have done for me and my own family unit.

I'm glad that I went through the graduation experience. I attended commencement as well as my specific graduation. I got to do it with my friends, as well as listen to amazing, inspiring speakers. In case you didn't know, a graduation in the arts is the best. Totally. I graduated with Dance and Music majors. There were beautiful performances. It was by far the most entertaining graduation ceremony I have ever been too. It was fun sitting my friends too.

Thinking back on my education, I wish I would have enjoyed it more. Granted, I loved college - most of the time - but I wish I would have enjoyed the hard parts more. I don't regret any decisions I made during college, though. Thinking back on the 18 year old Natalie fresh out a high school, I am such a different woman now. I am a wife, a performer, a teacher, and (hopefully) a better friend and member of the church. I am so grateful for everything I have been blessed with over the last four years.

I have been given countless blessings countless time, and I can not thank my Heavenly Father enough for it. And thank you, significant people in my life, for all of your love and support. I finished. I really did. Who would have thought. :)

xoxo

Nat

2 comments:

  1. You forgot that you couldn't have done it without your SIL Melanie. I can't believe I got left out of the credits with all the smiles I gave you - Plus all the times I let you play with my kids! What's the world coming to. I'm still happy for you, yada yada...

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on graduation!!! welcome to the real world Natalie!!

    ReplyDelete