Yes, that is a Star Wars reference. I will explain. Be patient, young Skywalker.
This month has been crazy, to say the least, with lots of ups and downs. My favorite up, however, was our Thomas Family Reunion. It was just with my immediate family -- which has grown in the past few years and added on two more sons (and we're adding a third next month!). It was beyond wonderful. I spent a week with my family. Actually I spent 9 days with my family. Please remember, I see my entire family probably about once every 6 months. Maybe a little longer than that. They are many, many miles away from me and I miss them everyday.
We went boating, fishing, and just RELAXED with each other. One day we went and checked out the local fair and got a snow cone. :) It was so fun. Memories I will never forget. :)
Since coming home, we got to see Jodie and Kira (hooray!) and spend time with them.
We love all of our nieces and nephews so much. They are all the cutest babies we have ever seen. :)
We got settled back home just in time for a sickness to hit us. This round has really hit me hard emotionally. I just feel really exhausted. I've been surprised -- usually the summer means no stomach bugs, lots of outside activities, energy, exercise, eating healthy. So far there has definately been all that, but way more lows that I expected. Anybody else not know what to do with their life after they graduate college? Or think you know but it's not working out? We should make a club. :)
Our ward has recently split, and I've had the chance to serve as Relief Society prez. It's been keeping me busy. Man, I don't know what I would do without service. I would literally go crazy. Even in the short time that I've been feeling sick, I've had three sisters offer to bring me dinner. Seriously? How blessed am I?
I think the biggest lesson I've learned so far this summer is that serving others brings us true happiness. Yes, seeing Harry Potter with my friends AND getting a bucket of popcorn (splurge of the year) made me very happy. (We all dressed up as the Seven Horcruxes - it was as cool as it sounds. I'll make a whole post about HP - it deserves one!) Yes, going to Seven Peaks makes me smile. BUT, being with my family brings me joy. Alex's smile when he sees me when he gets home from work brings me joy. The things that don't cost a cent bring me true joy. Thinking about the gospel, and knowing that Christ has felt everything I have been feeling, brings me peace and comfort. More than I can say.
When we feel like we have no control is when our faith is really tested. It's our chance to prove that we believe in the better things; and that we know that all will work out for the best. And knowing that the future is bright, that there are so many things to look forward to, has given me a new hope. :) And now, I think I'll watch Star Wars.

Saw a link to your blog on facebook. Love that you got to spend so much time with your family! And your post reminds me of the movie kicks that Danny and I get on - last summer it was Star Wars. Right now we're going through the Indiana Jones series :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for your post, Nat. You're in my prayers, and it's so wonderful to hear your testimony. (: I needed that.
ReplyDelete