Hello all!
I forgot we had a blog. Sorry. :) We have had a crazy four months, but also an exciting four months. Alex got a new job a couple of weeks ago, which has been a HUGE blessing and a very direct answer to prayer and fasting. He just took his finals today, so it is officially summer vacation! (From school, anyways).
Seeing as I am going to be a Mommy any day now, I thought I would jot down some thoughts while I am not sleep deprived. Well, while I am sort-of-not sleep deprived. :)
I am officially ready for the baby to be outta me. We were given 3 different due dates - April 21, April 24 and May 2. I always suspected he would come in between the last two. Now that we are actually in between the last two, I am going a little crazy. As of a week ago, I am 85% effaced and 2 cm dialated. But oh boy, this week I have been getting contractions on and off. All week. Nothing consistant enough to go in to the hospital, but enough to know that something is going on in there.
It is a very surreal feeling preparing to bring life into the world. I feel like I am nowhere near qualified to do so. I remember women telling me that by the end of their pregnancy, they thought they would be pregnant forever. I remember thinking "Well, that's weird. You were almost done". But guess what? It's true. When every hour could be THE hour that labor starts, it sure feels like pregnancy will never end. And at the same time, it's terrifying to thinknabout pregnancy ending, and the rest of your life beginning.
We are so excited. Thank you to all who have supported us, showered us, and loved us. We sure are spoiled. We get to have a baby of our very own -- something that is nothing less than a miracle. We are grateful, nervous, tired, uncomfortable, excited, scared, and so humbled. We can't believe that a baby will be a part of our lives any day now. I can't wait to hold him and cuddle him. And I can't wait to do it all with Alex.
I am sure I will turn into a Mommy blogger who posts a million pictures of my cute child. Because, let's face it, those are my favorite blogs to read. Always have been. So, hopefully the next time you hear from me, I will be typing one-handed with a baby in the other arm.
Hope you are all well!
xoxo
Natalie
Yay I can't wait until your cute baby is here! You are seriously going to be the best mom :)
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you! You will make a great mommy!
ReplyDelete