Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Springbreak would be nice...

HELLOOOOO!

This is Natalie...Madsen. Still not used to that. I just thought that I would blog today. I'm at work, and this sounded like a much better idea than homework.

Alex has his Spring break this week! Sadly, us BYU Cougars don't get a break. This seems like the time of year when people loose their energy to function/study/write papers, but this is total midterm time! Ah, well, it definitely could be worse!

Here's a little Spring Break substitute -- a recipe my friend Sarah gave me. It's like drinking sunshine!

Brazilian Lemonade:
-In a Blender put:
3 cups water
1/2 cup sugar
4 tablespoons sweet and condensed milk
2 limes, washed, with the ends cut off and quatered
-Pulse five times (if you do it more, the lemonade will be bitter)
-Strain and serve over ice

Yum!

** WARNING GUSHINESS AHEAD**

So, I think I'll just write about how much I appreciate Alex. The poor guy has to put up with me being gone all the time, and when I am home my mind is still running a million miles a minute about my day, that it's often hard for me to slow down and just sit and laugh with him. But, that's my favorite thing to do. Alex is better than you, whoever you are reading this. Sorry, but it's true. He's the smartest, cutest, and nicest person I know, and I'm so glad that I can be with him forever. I honestly don't deserve him, but I'm glad I got him anyways. :)

Anybody who know Alex know that he works hard, when he really puts his mind to it :) He is always willing to drop anything for friends and family, and frequently does. I am SO excited (maybe a little too excited) to see him as a Dad. :) He's going to be the best Dad in the world. Between the two of us, when we have kids, we'll be playing with them so much I'm not sure if we'll get much else done! You should see him with his neices and nephews -- as soon as they see Alex they get big smiles ad their faces and tackle him to the ground :) I love it!

The thing I love most about Alex is how caring he is. When we're fighting, I mean arguing about something (and yes, we do have disagreements believe it or not :) ) he is so easy to communicate to and work things out with. He puts Christ at the center of his life, and especially our relationship, and for that I am and will be eternally grateful. These first few month of being married have been wonderful, but hard. The hardest thing I've ever done. But it has also been the most joyous thing I've ever done, and that's because of Alex! :)

Anyways, I love Alex. A lot. More than you, but after reading this hopefully you love him more too :)

Dang it, I just wrote a gushy blog post. What's happened to me?! :)

Love you guys! ( and by that I mean Melanie, because I think she's the only one who reads this...)

Natalex

6 comments:

  1. I read it too. (: I like your guys's life. I kind of want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me lol.

    You're going to totally play as parents, and I can't wait to see it, too. I think we should have a countdown to your pregnant graduation. =) =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also read it! and... have you tried making the drink? fabulous eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We read it too Nat! Glad to see you are enjoying marriage! Do you and Alex go to different schools?

    ReplyDelete
  5. me too! we even have a link to your blog from ours! and that lemonade looks *divine*. thanks for the recipe, cousin!

    ReplyDelete