Hello all! My junior year in college is coming to a close, and what a year it's been! I just had our end-of-the-year banquet with Divine Comedy at Tucano's -- yummmmm.
It was so fun spending time with my friends, who I don't really see anymore. And as Whit was being adorable as usual and handing out awards for everyone it hit me how incredibly blessed I am, and how much I have changed in the past year. I've learned a few things...
It was so fun spending time with my friends, who I don't really see anymore. And as Whit was being adorable as usual and handing out awards for everyone it hit me how incredibly blessed I am, and how much I have changed in the past year. I've learned a few things...
1. I don't know much. And the more I learn, the more I just realize there's more to learn. I don't know anything in comparison to our Father in Heaven, and I've got eternity to make up the difference!
2. I am surrounded by wonderful people. The past few months I've had times where I feel very alone -- especially when Alex is off studying all night. At the time I've felt sad -- I'm a people person, and I always wanted to invite people over -- but what a blessing to have some time to myself! This is probably the only time in my life when I CAN have some alone time. I've been able to study the scriptures more, figure out what I want to do with my future, and the BIGGEST blessing of all is that I have Alex to spend my future with.
3. I've learned so much about the Atonement -- how to use it. I don't think we can ever fully understand the Atonement, but I am so grateful for it. I don't see how any marriage without a firm belief in the Atonement, forgiveness, and repentance could ever work.
4. I've learned that you don't need to serve a full time mission to be a good member of the Church. I always believed that about other people, but not about myself. I always thought that I am so indebted to Heavenly Father that the least I can do it dedicate 1.5 years to him. I've learned that dedicating your average, everyday activities to him is hard, but equally as important as serving a full time mission. I can be a missionary for the rest of my life without having served as a single, full time sister missionary like I was always planning on, and embracing that has helped me so much this year. That being said, if you feel like a mission is for you GO. If you're not sure, PREPARE to be a missionary -- because you will be a missionary for the rest of your life!
5. Being in charge can be hard, but it's so rewarding. I've had the chance to be one of the co-leaders in Divine Comedy this year. There were some really hard weeks *cough, Harry Potter cough*, and some really, really great ones. I saw new cast members become comfortable in the group, I saw learning, growth, creativity, and I got to help others reach that. What a rewarding thing! And sometimes, what a stressful thing! It was a fun taste of motherhood to come. :)
6. LOST will never answer my questions... but I will always keep coming back for more!
7. The temple is the most peaceful, happy place on earth. All of my self-esteem issues, negative thoughts, just leave my mind for a couple hours. I wish I could live there ( and plan on it for the later years of my life ).
8. We should be happy wherever we are in life, but we almost NEVER are. I was looking forward to this season of Divine Comedy to end, and now it has. It's just done. And now I'm feeling sad about it! I only have 1 more year left of college. How scary is that! College is such a WONDERFUL blessing, and I'll probably have to go back and read this post next year when I'm eye ball deep in papers, because it's so hard to appreciate where you are, at this moment. But college is an experience I will never experience again, and I should appreciate every late night cram session!
9. Laughing makes everything better.
10. I love Alex!
Happy Spring time, everyone!





Natalie! I'm glad I happened to find your blog when your most recent entry sums up your last year - the very year I was gone! Sounds like a great year. I'm so excited to see you sometime! Loves!
ReplyDeleteMelanie likes this.
ReplyDeleteNat, Nat, Nat. I am always learning from YOU! You are such a fantastic example of keeping your head on straight and recognizing what's really important. I'm glad you're staying because you make me a better person and goodness knows I need the help. (: I love ya, buddy. And I'm glad this year's turned out to be a good one for you.
ReplyDelete