Here's my favorite dessert recipe that I'm sure I'll make this weekend:
Strawberry pie
1 pie crust ( I either buy an already made chocolate one, or make it with chocolate graham crackers...yum!)
A bunch of strawberries ( enough to fill the pie crust generously) with stems cut off
1 pkt of Sugar-free raspberry Jell-O mix
1/2 cup of sugar ( you can play around with that amount, if you really want to just taste the berries you don't need it)
3 T cornstarch (sometime it needs 4)
1 3/4 cup of H20
Whipped cream ( if you want :) )
1. Mix cornstarch, Jell-O mix, and sugar together well and add to water. Gradually mix in cornstarch mixture. Reduce the heat and simmer until thickened. Stir pretty constantly
2. Place strawberries throughout the crust. Poor mixture over berries.
3. Stick it in the fridge for a few hours, and you're done! :) Put some whipped cream and blueberries on top if you want to be patriotic. :)
June has been a very busy but very fun month. Alex and I both are just working now, but we ended our Spring term each getting As in our classes (yipee!). We both are loving this time in our lives to just be with each other, and enjoy being married without a ton of stress!
We have a new beautiful, darling niece, Kira, and VERY recently a new nephew, Conner. They are absolutely perfect. It's so fun holding a newborn!:) Makes me excited for a little one someday.
The DAY OF Alex's final, like two hours after he finished, we drove down to AZ to visit Midwestern University. Keri, the coolest sister ever, came with us, and we drove her totally awesome car. (Insert picture here) It was really fun spending the 11 hr drive with Keri and Alex, hearing funny stories about when they were growing up. I really do love Keri a lot, she's become one of my really good friends. :)
The trip to AZ was fun. And hot. Alex took a simulation course at Midwestern University -- he got to learn more about the dental school, meet and talk with dental students and professors, etc. It made Alex VERY excited for dental school! It still seems like a while away, but I'm glad that it will be something Alex really enjoys.
Keri worked on her grad school paper while I finished up Catching Fire. I read Hunger Games and Catching Fire within a week, I couldn't put them down! I can't wait for the next one to come out August 24th! It will be just enough time to read it before school starts in the fall. :)
We went driving around Mesa, saw the temple, and got a REALLY yummy snow-cone-with-ice-cream thing. If you haven't tried one-- you need too. Drive up to Alpine and go to Snowasis and get it Glacier style- it's totally worth the trip. I actually had one last night after playing at the park with some nieces and nephews. I love summer time :)
Anyways, we also went out to each and met a bunch of Keri's friends from when she lived there. We had some really, really good BBQ, and then Alex and I walked down the street to get a Pizookie. A pizza- sized cookie with ice cream on top. (Pizza and cookies are probably my two favorite things. I promise I'm a healthy person, despite the food I talk about on this blog. Maybe I'll put up some healthy recipes to redeem myself... ) Anyways, it was incredible. I wish I had taken a picture of the street too -- it was very fun walking along all the little shops. Here's a pizookie picture I found online -- looks just like the one we got. Yum.
We drove back on Sunday, and to a new nephew Connor! Since the trip, things have began to settle down. We went and saw How to Train Your Dragon in the dollar theatre. It was really fun!
I totally love movie popcorn, but I haven't gotten any in a long time because of how expensive it is. I had a few bucks in my wallet from a card I got from my generous Momma, but I couldn't bring myself to spend 4 dollars on a bag of popcorn. Alex, I'm sure, noticed how sad it made me I guess, because he "went to the bathroom" and brought me some popcorn. What a husband :)
We're looking forward to July - work, going to the pool, spending time with family, being outside, picnics, cook outs, and of course the BEACH for a whole week.
Life is good. :)
.jpg)







No comments:
Post a Comment