Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!



I love Thanksgiving. I always feel bad for it, though. It seems to always get plowed over by Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Christmas too, but now that I have a wedding anniverary around Thanksgiving, I feel like I need to stand up for it. I absolutely love this holiday: family, friends, food, and football. What else can you ask for? :)

Now, to play a little catch up. Last week was SO fun, but tiring. It seems as though my entire social life was crammed into one week this semester. But, I'm not complaining! :)

Last Wednesday I had a last minute chance to join Al and Kittye, two of my old roomates, to go see Sarah Bareilles. My sister Heather came too. :) I saw her in Provo my freshmen year, so it was fun to see her again! WOW - such a talented performer. She is so much better live than recorded. I strongly suggest checking out her live videos and youtube.



Sorry about my awkward body position, but we were in a crammed concert. :)

Then, Thursday night we went to the midnight showing of HP. Duh. Overall, I thought it was a pretty good movie, the best so far, but Alex wasn't that big of a fan. Oh well. Read the books, they are loads better.


Alex was Dean Thomas (hence the sweatband) and I was Ginny. We were from book 6. :)

The whole crew!

Then, Saturday we went to BYU's Romeo and Juliet. That was fun. Alex actually stayed awake for the whole thing! I love my cultured husband. :)

Then, we picked up some funky bug. All day Sunday we were both sick. Which isn't as fun as it sounds, no one else if there to make soup for you. We've still been feeling a little funky this week, but we can't really miss work or school. We got feeling better just in time for the BLIZZARD OF 2010!

Oh wait. Let down. but, I'm not complaining! I got to leave work at 3 on Tuesday and didn't have to go in at all today (Wednesday) so I'm a happy camper. :)

We're excited for Thanksgiving tomorrow and being able to see so much family. Erica and Andrew are in town, it's been fun seeing them!


Last November, 2009 :)

After Thanksgiving is our first anniversary (what?!) and then back into the swing of things. Next week is show week for my last show in Divine Comedy. Mixed emotions, and I'm sure I'll write a touchy emotional blog post about it is to come. My mom and brother are coming into town and staying with us, so we're whippin' the house into shape. Just need to fix up the guest room a little. I'll worry about that after I get some turkey. :)

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm grateful for each of you for reading this blog, and for being a part of our lives. I will always be grateful for an anniversary around Thanksgiving, because it will always remind me to be grateful for my best friend Alex.
But, who couldn't be gratedul for someone like him?

Watch this video. I can't get the embed to work :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi0tqhedHIU&feature=&p=4E784EC0770935C0&index=0&playnext=1

Happy Thanksgiving! Travel safe! :)

Love,

Nat

2 comments:

  1. I watched it - thank you - and see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. has it really been a year? Really?

    Oh Nat. I love you.

    ReplyDelete