Hello world! I hope all is well. We've had a crazy week here. I can't believe Thanksgiving break was just two days ago! This morning my car was having trouble starting in the cold (not our new car thank goodness), so I had to call a sub for my class. I just realized that I don't often blog about my pre-school class. I need to devote a post or two about those cute kids. I have picture, but feel weird about posting them on a public blog. Long story short, I was sad that I couldn't go to work this morning, and I think when you're genuinely sad to miss work that means you're in the right line of work. :) I'm so very blessed to have that job.
This past weekend was so fun. As the title of this post may suggest, we had our first anniversary (and I bet the first year with a baby is the hardest. Just sayin.)! It was a fun, relaxed day. We promised each other ahead of time that we wouldn't do any homework, and we were true to our word. :) I let Alex sleep in, but I was too excited for the day. I woke up and made these (Whitney would be so proud! ), and yes I snitched. Nothing like sugar for breakfast.
Then we drove up to the Mt. Timp temple to kind of relive the day. As we were walking up there was a wedding taking picture. It seemed colder this year than last year. We went and did some sealings. I can not adequately describe the Spirit I feel when I'm in the temple, and especially when I'm in the temple with Alex. We were in a sealing room just next door to where we were sealed exactly a year from that moment. Vivid memories came back to me, including the tears. I remember the way that Alex looked at the me, the way my Mom and Dad smiled, Grandpa sealing us, all of those hugs afterwards from so many people that I love. And, of course, the Spirit I felt. What an amazing ordinance we have been given. What a gift from Heavenly Father! I understand more and more why the sealing ordinance is the New and Everlasting Covenant, it is the greatest gift that we can be given in this life. I am so incredibly blessed to be able to enter into it, and I will never take it for granted.
We went and watched the BYU game with the Madsens, which was fun and a little disappointing. But, our boys sure put up a fight! Then, we went out to dinner and for a walk around the Riverwoods. They remodeled and put fun little fires along the sidewalk and Christmas lights everywhere. If you're in UT, I suggest going there and taking an night time walk. It was a magical day!
I apologize that I seem to only update on our last weekend and then give a spiritual thought, but oh well. I guess that's just how I role. The other day, I was reading this:
Acts 1:10-11
And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into aheaven?
I love this image, for some reason. Lately I feel as if I've been really focused on my relationship with myself and Heavenly Father. I've been trying to pray and read more, been trying to talk with Him more often. But I still haven't felt as spiritually "on" as I have in the past. I was trying to figure it out, and I read this verse. The Apostles have just witnessed this miracle, have seen Christ be brought up into heaven, and two messengers ask why they continue to look to heaven. It is time for them to do work on this Earth.
I think I often look right to Heavenly Father to fix my problems. While I know that He can, that He is in everything, but He has given us something wonderful. Agency. He is relying on us to chose to help others, to be aware of what is going on around us, not just sit idly by until Christ comes again. This is our chance to work, to serve, and to help others. We need to be more aware of what is happening around us. I think of how well I can mask a bad day, and I'm an open book to most of my friends. Who else do I know who is having a hard time? Probably nearly everyone. During this holiday season, I hope that I can keep my eyes on those needs around me, but my heart still in heaven with my Savior.
I'm about to hit a "change" part of my life. I'm nervous. Actually, really nervous. This means doing new things that I'm not used to. It seems like as I've gotten older new things stop being as excited and start being more scary. I need to feel close to the Savior if I'm going to make it through a happier person. I need to focus more on others around me, and the work that I have been sent here to do.
Hope you're all doing well!
Nat
Happy Anniversary! Every year gets better and better :-) Eternal marriage is hands down the best thing EVER! We try to go every year around our anniversary to do sealings at the temple to remind ourselves of this covenant we've made - it's a fun tradition. Good luck with all the upcoming changes in your life!!
ReplyDeleteI don't think the first year is the hardest either. :) (Or if it is - great!) Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on one year! I hope you love working at the math department just as much haha ;)
ReplyDeleteOf course I do! :)
ReplyDelete